Saturday, December 25, 2021

Lone Dove (Forlorn Dove)

Lone Dove (Forlorn Dove)

Lone Dove (Forlorn Dove) Where, Where are those days? Those yesteryear’s kisses, caresses, And tickling teasings Days, hours at a stretch You’re after me Once on the banyan tree Once on the electric transmission wire Once you gave poking rough kisses at My glistening gray coat You pestered me with forced romances And advances You never let me stay at one place (You) didn’t let me swing in the cool breeze In the shades of coconut tree Relaxing gracefully for a moment in The open sky Today, after so many years Now only memories and sweet symbols They all are … In this old age Who will look at me? (Who will look after me?) Who cares about me? The young ones won’t come Attracted by my feathery glimmer Their friends and struts - are different. The shops they frequent, Their living palaces, and Fifty-storied sky-high buildings are different The trees they perch too are different If I hurt my leg, I just have to limp Now No one looks at me No one does anything for me Forget about endearing calls Now there is not even cursory greeting My eyesight too has dulled No more sweetness in my cooing I’ve become a lonely bird My only companion Is Your beloved memory Won’t you forgive me? My only fault – That one time indifference, rather neglect That one infraction I did during the prime of youth’s arrogance Where ever you’re Won’t you come once? And embrace me? Won’t you kiss me – just once? My darling pigeon, my golden bird My handsome honey-candy, my harvest pumpkin Of romance.

ఒంటరి పావురము 


ఏవి?

ఏవి ఆ రోజులు?

నిరుడు ముద్దులు, మురిపాలు 

ఆ రసభరిత కేరింతలు 

రోజుల తరబడి, ఎన్నో గంటలు 

నువ్వు నా వెనకాల పరుగెత్తావు 

ఓ సారి మఱ్ఱి చెట్టుపైన 

ఇంకోసారి కరెంటు తీగపైన 

ఓ సారి గ్రుచ్చి గ్రుచ్చి ముద్దులెట్టావు 

నా బూడిద రంగు ఈకల కోటుపై 

విసికించావు నన్ను నీ ప్రేమ సలాపాలతో 

ఒక్క చోట నిలకడగా ఉండనివ్వలేదు (కదా)

నన్ను చల్ల గాలిలో ఉయ్యాలూగ నివ్వలేదు 

కొబ్బరి ఆకుల నీడలో 

విశ్రాంతిగా ఉండనివ్వలేదు 

విశాల ఆకాశంలో


ఇవాళ, ఇన్నేళ్ల తర్వాత 

జ్ఞాపకాలు, తీయటి గురుతులు మాత్రమే 

అవే ఉన్నాయి (మిగిలాయి)

ఈ ముసలితనంలో 

ఎవరు చూస్తారు నన్ను?

(ఎవరు చూస్తారు నా బాగోగులు?)  

నేనంటే ఎవరికీ లెఖ్ఖ?

నా కెవరూ ఏమి చెయ్యరు (ఇప్పుడు)

ప్రేమ పిలుపులు, కూతలు మాటే వదిలేసేయి 

ఇప్పుడు మాట వరసకు పలకరింపు కూడా లేదు 

నా చూపు కూడ మందలించింది 

కూతలో మునపటి తీయదనం లేదు 

ఒంటరి పక్షి నయ్యాను 

నీ అనురాగపు జ్ఞాపకాలు మాత్రమే నాకు తోడు 

నన్ను క్షమించావా?

నా ఒక్క తప్పు - ఆనాటి ఉపేక్ష 

ఆ యుక్త వయసు పొగరు 

రావా 

ఒక్కసారి రావా ఎక్కడున్నా 

కౌగలించుకోవా?

ఓ సారి ముద్దు ఇవ్వవా?

నా ప్రియా పావురమా, నా బంగారు పిట్ట 

నా అందాల తేనల తుట్ట, నా వలపుల పంటల గుమ్మడి!  

Copyright 2021 by the author both Telugu original and English translation 

  


No comments: