Tuesday, December 8, 2020

English Translation of "E peruto ninu" Song

By what name

Will I beckon you? (O Sai)

How will I

Pray to you, in what form?

Your threshold -

Always shines with

(Shines everyday with) 

(Garlands of)

Newly bloomed white lotuses


(Our persistent)

Small small wishes,

Sundry demands

Endless are our anguishes

If we ever get a respite

Even for a minute

It’s only due to your grace



Burdensome and difficult 

Are our lives

Filled with wants and riches

(We’re encumbered with)

A long life with daily crises

(I don’t know)

Whether it is due to a curse

Or, accrued (bad) karma

Ravaged are our bodies 

With disease

Innumerable crores of living beings

Struggling 

And

Dispersed thro’ the continents

Do not, do not forget us

Please do not ignore us –

We are your faithful servers


All my chants and penances -

Are they all fruitless?

Will only a pure heart

Can discover you?

Why pine to reach you?

Why make a fruitless (useless) effort?

Aren’t all my endeavors, music, and poems

(Are) due to the mist

Out of your flower-like miracles!  Copyright 2020 by the author

(This is an English translation of the Telugu lyric "ఏ పేరుతొ నిను" on Sri Sai. The original Telugu song came out spontaneously without my deliberate effort. The Guru came to me in a very strange circumstance ( as if to rescue a lost child). Faith is not easy for most (bookish) learned people because they are burdened with too much knowledge – both useful and useless. This writer too had a very trying and testing set of incidents; they attempted to teach me gently the value of “true and time tested original Sanatana dharma”. Though I could have edited and modified some of the phrases – I deliberately refrained from doing so. I let the original inspiration be my infallible guide. I hope the Telugu song will help others in their path to spiritual progress.)


No comments: