Sunday, July 18, 2021

In the Kewra Groves (Translation of Telugu Original Song)

Won’t you give me kisses (He)

Among the groves of kewra, Dear?

Would I let your restless mind go to sleep

This night?

Ah! Rough flirting here behind kewra gardens (She)

Do not, do not tear my sari, of youth

Darling, please - 

Why now these Kalidasa’s descriptions? (He)

Why now these amorous depictions of Srinadha?

(When)

The sweetest nectar-filled (my) heart is all yours now

Day after day

This moment

Condenses and distills the feelings of

Ages of romance

Perhaps

I am the bee in the Brindavan (He)

Here, on the earth

You are the fragrant parijata

Thousand springs – (She)

In your eyes

Every union

Of ours, from now on

From henceforth

Will be a honeymoon

(Will be a season of spring)

In these murmurs of Gautami waves (He)

In this cool swing of moonlight

Why now the (these) worries of separation?

Ensconced in your lap (She)

(I) Will always be (complete) in your heart

Will sleep behind your anchel (He)

This is the translation of my original Telugu melodious duet "మొగలి పూల పొదలలో". The audio (in my voice) is available at YouTube Audio of Mogali Pula Song. I consider it a beautiful song with all the three qualities: imagination, meaning, and music. I should upload many more Telugu original songs and devotional pieces. Copyright 2021 by the author


No comments: